Designing flex and rigid-flex circuit boards calls for an advanced methodology compared to standard rigid boards. From material selection to calculation of bend radius, and controlled impedance to EMI shielding, all require a unique design approach to align with the fabrication and assembly processes. Knowing these design considerations is important to reduce the turn time and improve reliability.
In this webinar, our PCB design and manufacturing experts will take you through various parameters that can improve the manufacturability and overall performance of your flex and rigid-flex designs.
What you will learn:
- Material selection for flex boards
- Types of flex materials
- Calculating bend radius
- Electrical factors that influence bend capabilities
- Controlled impedance in flex boards
- How to maintain signal integrity of your flex designs
- Cross-hatch modifications to reduce signal reflections
- EMI shielding